Preparing the Meat: This is where Kushok is speaking about how to prepare mixing the meat. The ratio of meat to other ingredients is important as Kushok teaches the meeting flavouring should be the dominant one in a meat momo.
Kneading the Dough: The consistency of a Tibetan momo dough is very important for the proper eating experience. In this video Kushok is demonstrating the best way to knead the dough, and what it should feel/ look like.
Rolling the Dough: This video shows how the dough needs to be rolled and to what thickness. The reason for the rolling techniques seen in this video is to create the correct shape/size.
Flattening the Dough: Kushok demonstrates how to individually size the momos, and flatten them.
How to Roll and Shape the Dough: This video shows Kushok’s handling techniques for flattening the individual momo’s shapes and elongating them. This is to prepare to fill the momos next!
How to Roll and Shape the Dough pt. 2: This is a continuation of Kushok demonstrating illustrating additional ways of rolling and shaping the individual momos.
Rolling and Shaping the Dough: This is a continuation of Kushok demonstrating illustrating additional ways of rolling and shaping the individual momos.
How to Wrap the Momos: This video shows how Kushos fills the momo’s and pinches them to create an appealing and appetizing look. A tip to make sure is not to overfill the dough with too much or this will make shaping and forming of the momos more challenging later.
How to Wrap the Momos pt. 2: This video shows some alternative approaches for wrapping the momos.
Steaming the Momos: This video explains the process of steaming for cooking the momo’s. The reasons steaming is the preferred method for cooking is that it is the best technique for maintaining the flavour, with the optimal shape/ form of the momo.
Meat Momo Ingredient List:
- 50% meat
- 50% onion, chopped
- green onion, chopped to preferred amount
- A pinch of cooking oil
- Add as needed small amounts of water to achieve desired consistency
- Little bit erma (crushed Szechuan peppers)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro (1 bunch)
Veggie Momo Ingredient List:
- Boiled potatoes peeled chopped amount is by personal preference. About 30 to 40% of other ingredients.
- 3 bunches green onion finely chopped
- Paneer 1/2 of 56 oz shredded finely chopped
- Erma crushed Szechuan pepper
- Onions finely chopped add to preference. About 10 to 20 % of other ingredients
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro (3 bunches) finely chopped
- Peas (full bag)
Sauce Recipes Alternatives:
- Mix a pinch of garlic, ginger, erma, chili peppers, cilantro, salt, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and caraway. Fry in oil for about 5 min at low temperature, or until desired flavouring is achieved.
- Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce on the side of the dish.